Monday, November 4, 2013

Random thoughts

I'm processing how my life is going to change in a couple of weeks.  I'm excited. I'm scared.  I'm a lot of things.  I had a random Negative Nancy moment.  I don't know where it came from.  Luckily, I have learned to affirm the qualities I have.  Affirmations seemed silly at the beginning when I was in counseling. I mean...after all...they are just words...right? And then I realized it was psychologically changing the way I thought of life, myself, people, and my perspective on things.  After awhile...I believed that I had something to bring to the table.  It's been a struggle to believe that.  People tell you that you have something of value. However, until you actually see it for yourself you think people might be just "blowing smoke" or giving you pity.  Writing down and putting it out into the world does feel good.  Whatever negative energy I was feeling has gone.  I appreciate knowing that somewhere somehow you read this. Whether it is 1 or 100 I feel validated.  And that comes full circle of value.

No comments:

Post a Comment