Monday, June 18, 2018

Authenticity is the new black


You know that old saying ....is the new black.  I thought about Authenticity is the new cool.  But by speaking of the trend, it sort of loses the cool factor, so to speak.  People constantly are talking about "being real".  It's a topic that's been around for awhile.  But does it really mean? For me, it means living by the truth that I see and perceive in this world.  My palette is compassion.  I am an artist through kindness.  It doesn't mean that I preach to anyone to follow my path.  In fact, the very reason for my blog is not to preach.  Even to teach, though, I hope I do.  No.  It's to live my truth.  Words have always beguiled me.  Words can also be cruel.  I am a logophile.  I will still believe in the beauty of words over its cruelty.  For me, it means that I live as forthcoming as I can.  I want to be transparent.  Still, only a few select (my panel) know me by the things that I share.  That's not uncommon.  Touched by Love is on by Bernward Koch is on.  Actually some of the melody reminds of Toppens from Mary Poppins and Anastacia Once Upon a December.  But I digress.  Welcome to my brain.  I hope you are able to live your authentic life.  Jeremy is still in Tucson.  It hasn't been easy.  But it's also been a beautiful and personal journey finding myself during this time
In Reverence by David Tolk is on.  Thank you, Universe.  For that is the most authentic song that is me.  And no words are ever spoken.  Thank you for your timing.  Authenticity.  It isn't easy to come by.  Everyone has a story to tell you on that journey they are having to achieve that.  Don't compare or judge their story of authenticity.  More times than not, it's because we don't understand it.  Back to authenticity.  You be you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment