Friday, May 25, 2018

It's ok to not be ok


Important words for me to remember right now.  Since last week, that's been my mood.  I'm not my usual perky self.  My usual shield is not up.  I feel more emotionally weak.  I am not equipped emotionally for a day like this.  It's the death anniversary of a friend that took their life.  It's been a few years now.  Yet, this year kind of hit me.  My guess with Jeremy gone, I leaned on him for days that I didn't feel okay.  And with my grandma's death anniversary last week....I haven't felt as strong as I had been.  I miss the hell out of him.  I miss him being here. I miss being able to hug into his chest and breathe in.  Something so small.  And yet, so big.  What happened? My guess is other variables of stress.  I have my health as a factor, now Some news that gave me a wake up call.  Nothing fatal or that catastrophic.  But enough to say... "Oh, shit".  In talking with a friend, I realized I had been internalizing my stress for about 2 years now.  I have only recently started dealing with my trauma on a more healthy basis.  My guess is...it caught up with me.  I don't feel strong right now.  I can acknowledge that into the void.  That's a start

No comments:

Post a Comment