Monday, January 22, 2018

On this Day memory


YOU CAN'T BEAT YOURSELF UP FOR HAVING TOO MUCH LOVE TO GIVE.  YOU CAN ONLY FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MISSING OUT ON

-BILLY CHAPTA

This was on my memory today.  What a true statement to make.  I've always said I'm a bowl full of love.  The interesting thing about me is that even if I don't like someone, in a public place, I won't exert my inner feelings.  Which usually means I don't show the ugly side to not liking a person.  It doesn't make me a good or bad person.  It just makes me, me.  But when I do love...I love with everything I have.  My friends know this.  The inner circle that I choose to have now.  They know my loyalty.  They know my unconditional love for them.  It took such a long time to get to this pace of trust with people.  I felt like I kept failing.  I would think I found some kind of kindred spirit and A) I'd get betrayed or B) I'd find out we were not positive impacts in each other's lives.  I am more self aware of my issues.  I seek to communicate better.  But I'm not perfect.  And I know it.  The positive in all this is having an easier time to share with Jeremy.  That was so hard.  He seemed disinterested or I perceived him disinterested.  Or I wouldn't even share thinking my thoughts were not worth sharing.  They would stupid or silly.  If I have a request, I ask now.  I may still get a no from someone.  But at least I had the courage to ask.  If I have a bother or grievance, I try addressing it more quickly so it doesn't fester into a bigger problem.  I don't shut down and become mousy.  I'm learning boundaries.  It's a daily thing to work on, really.  And sometimes, I feel I fail on addressing boundaries.  That's usually when I get into an argument or struggle to figure out even what I want to accomplish.  Again, it's a daily thing to work on.  I'm happy, though.  I have a certain peace in my life that is a beautiful feeling. By design, I have the right kind of people in my life, including that pain in the ass by fiercely loving husband of mine. lol   I am surrounding myself with people that have my well being in mind.  What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment