Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Shirley Briggs


LET'S DARE TO BE OURSELVES FOR WE DO THAT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE CAN
-Shirley Briggs

It's something I have come to understand about myself.  I will not apologize for the person I am.  I don't want to disrespect.  Of that I am sure.  But if I am to live my authentic life, I live it by being myself.  People who know and love me, love me for that exact reason.  Sometimes, I go back to some self doubt ways and wonder if I will be accepted for how I think or feel.  It's important that I remember it's me I need to accept.  A beautiful conversation with a friend today reminded me of that.  It's easier said than done.  I am glad I have good people in my life that help me when I fall or when I stumble with self doubt.  I am also happy to be there for them when they stumble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment