Sunday, November 11, 2018

Museum as a Me day


What a perfect day Friday was.  I went to the McNay museum.  I happily get lost in a museum.  I decided to take my camera with me.  I struggled with my flash setting.  Luckily, I made a new friend who helped me with that.  I even got a wonderful conversation about shadows out of if.  It reminded me of a commercial about beer, ironically enough, that stated how we had more in common than differences.  Thank you, Guinness.  I also received good news, that day.  I had a lot of time to reflect on things.  I reflected on my growth as a person.  I have evolved so much since Jeremy left officially, in March for his job.  For now, Jeremy visits more than lives here.  And that's okay.  It's our reality but it's not permanent.  It's for a good cause.  It's for our family.  Sacrifices need to be made.  And strangely enough, it's made us a stronger couple.  We're solid.  We miss the little things about each other.  We miss routine.  So when he does get to visit, that's exactly what we happily fall into, our old routine.  It feels kinda sexy, if I'm being upfront with you.  Don't ask me how to explain that one.  I learning about myself during this time.  I'm finding myself.  Beginning this photography journey and developing my artistry has been euphoric, really.  I feel so alive behind a lens.  I feel so much myself figuring out a shot.  Whether I'm doing it through my phone or my camera.  I'll be getting a DSLR for my birthday.  For now, I am happy learning settings and lighting from my Nikon Coolpix.  Plus, I get such satisfaction from developing my artistry through my pages.  It makes me so happy.  And keeps me busy.  I like Museum as Me days.  I plan to go to the other museums.  I also want to explore a little out of San Antonio.  There is an adventurous side to me on this.  Lullaby for Grown Ups by Liquid Mind is on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment