Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Did I ever tell you?

Did I ever tell you I wanted to be a choreographer.  Now as the universe and fate would have it I did not become that.  Sometimes not fulfilling a dream because a dream come true.  I love dance. I always have.  Since I was a little girl I wanted to dance.  As fate would have it my future would include sports...and I was damn good at it.  But I always thought of dance. Where is this conversation leading ..you ask? As I was watching "So you think you can Dance" last night I was watching these dancers with awe...not envy.  I love hearing their stories on how they got to this point in their career. The passion...the joy of dancing.  It's indescribable.  I am not a professional dancer.  However, I know the happiness I get when the music takes over me.  During my single days I would go to the club and dance for 5 straight hours.  It was an intoxicating feeling.  I watch these individuals with the style they bring and I smile.  I'm living vicariously through these people.  And I thank them.  Their dream is my dream.  That sounds strange.  But I feel like a dream still lives on because they are dancing. So visible that people are taking notice of...dance.  That's a wonderful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment