Monday, October 28, 2013

Being at peace with myself

It hasn't come overnight.  However, I feel at peace with myself.  I feel at peace with my decisions.  I have regrets but I don't dwell on them.  They simply come off as oh wells.  I feel good about my consistency.  I have been consistent about going to Zumba.  I have been consistent with doing Yoga.  I have even been consistent with blogging.  There is something about being at peace with myself on being consistent.  I am calmer inside.  I always felt a sense of chaos in my mind.  I had too many thoughts running rampant and didn't quite have the direction to make sense.  In other words...I had too many tangents.  That gets exhausting after a while.  Part of that is discipline from myself.  I needed direction.  I had my personal life in check.  My relationship with Jeremy is healthy.  Granted...we have our moments. lol But for the most part I feel good about us.  Our friendship is strong.  And we communicate with each other.  I also don't center my happiness all on our relationship like I used to.  I have other outlets.  I have interests custom to me.  My professional life was a mess.  I was still trying to figure what I was going to do when I grew up.  It seems silly but that is where I was.  I enjoyed being a houswife.  But it's not me.  I needed to regroup.  So I did need to stop working to get myself taken care of.  My health was not where it was supposed to be.  These days I feel better about my health.  I haven't had a migraine in over a month.  I am less anxious.  I am not so quick to get angry.  I am becoming less frustrated with things.  I have a few moments where I feel the fluster want to emerge.  And then I talk myself out of it.  I am really enjoying discovering Yoga music and meditation music.  I really am enjoying Zumba and Yoga.  I feel it's like "me time".  I do something for my health AND well being.  Well being IS wellness.  It's my mantra now.  Taking that "me time" is important to regroup.  I understand it's not easy.  I don't remember ever doing this when I was working.  However, not that I have had time to regroup I want to make time for it and a routine.  Very soon my schedule is going to change.  I will have a different routine.  I want to be physically AND mentally prepared for it.  That peace....is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment