Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Getting" you

What an important part of a friendship and/or a relationship.  Perhaps we don't realize how much that really means.  For myself I didn't realize how essential it was for my self worth to know the acceptance and understanding that someone had.  Jeremy gets me.  I am a complicated person...and then I'm not.  I want acceptance for my quirks.  I want understanding of my behavior.  I want respect for my thoughts.  It's a hope I had for my life mate.  And my friends.  Those closest to me have the beautiful "dance" where they understand the goofy, sincere, childlike behavior that I possess. And why it is there.  Jeremy and my " vent squad" as I playfully call them understand and accept me for who I am.  And then there are those that I have "history" with.  I don't always keep in touch, perhaps only Facebook friends with, or are too far away to keep a face to face time with.  "Dog Days are Over" is playing at the moment.  Okay...that was a tangent.  Back to my blog entry.  I am lucky that I have people that "get" me.  It's a beautiful feeling.  It's liberating....

No comments:

Post a Comment