Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Something about organizing


There's something about organizing to caters to my OCD tendencies.  I feel calm when I organize. I like the sense of control and order it brings.  I don't have severe tendencies but they are there.  I always blame them on my anxious nature that brims below the surface.  I can control that anxiety better these days thanks to being married to Jeremy.  I imagine if I were analyzing myself it's something to do with the assault.  Back to organizing...I like small projects of organizing.  For example, I accidently uninstalled my recipes for my food planner.  So organize I went.  I am attempting to organize our linen closet with our towels.   I am trying to organize my study information for MBLEX.   I organized my jewelry.  It's like everything should have its place somewhere somehow.  That type of order distracts me from my own anxiety.  I am focus on something.  That's usually how it works for me.  I can't be the only one.  I am quirky and weird by nature.  My brain process does run on a different machine.  However, I don't think I'm unique in thinking productivity provides a sense of calm.  That the focus does something.  It's something about organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment