Monday, December 22, 2014

Sometimes you gotta let them fall


Ever get into a situation where you watch someone you care about and have to let them fall? You want to protect them.  You want to show them the error of their ways.  But what if the whole point is to to let them learn.  And that won't be accomplished if you're protecting them constantly.  You have to let people you care about fall.  I think it's one of the most difficult things to do.  You watch them.  You're there in a supportive role. However, you don't interfere.  It pains you to just watch as they seemingly fail.  And even if they aren't failing they are possibly wandering into a spiral that is not healthy, at that.  It's not that I know so much.  It's just that I have experiences.  And those experiences have harnessed a therapy type role.  I am a mother hen of sorts.  I don't mean to parent.  But I do.  I've been there.  At least listen to my "take".  I hope I am wrong. I'd love to be proven wrong, really.  But somehow, in the long run, I don't see that happening.  But sometimes that's why you gotta let them fall.  They have to learn the lesson. A lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment