Monday, May 11, 2015

Dallas trip


So much happened.  So much positive happened.  It's definitely an experience being in charge of 7 girls. 7 teenage girls, at that.  In any group you do have a your "drifter" or one who who's a little more trouble than the others. Alice was that girl.  But at the end of it, she sent me a text thanking me for taking care of her and the girls and for being a  responsible chaperone. She followed up with not all adults were keeping up with where the girls were.  We did a lot of texting.  I wasn't always on the same bus as all my littles, which made no sense to me.  But you roll with the punches.  Nor have all my littles close by at the hotel.  The girls checked in frequently.  Some really understood my reasoning for it and did it without being told.  It was such a beautiful experience.  I observed that not all had this experience.  Except for a misunderstanding that happened the trip was a success.  Plus, I got an activity off my un bucket list.  I didn't even know it was on it.  Which is why I call it Unbucket.  I went to the book depository which has now been turned into the museum where Kennedy was shot.  That was such an experience.  I can't even tell you.... Plus, being fascinated with JFK, this museum held so much more meaning.  I have been fascinated with the Kennedys in general for a good portion of my life.  I wasn't able to really enjoy the Dallas Museum of art because our bus broke down and that cut into our museum time.  No matter. We saw Newsies that night.  I went to a play with my daughter.  That was an experience unto itself.  But then, watching this play was also electrifying.  And then watching Ashley keep the girls in check.  I've rubbed off on her! I am so proud to be her heart mom.  We also went to Fiesta Texas which was a lot of fun! Ashley gave me Red Velvet oreos.  I love them!!! There were just little moments that made this trip so memorable.  Of course, I had to cry at least once.  I saved it just before we saw the play.  She was tickled.  She knew it was coming.  I love my lovies.  Oh how I love my lovies.  I have such a great family.  That includes, strangely, Sandra.  Yes, it was Jeremy that provided the financials for going on this trip. And yes, he has opened a door for my to be the kind of mom I want to be. But it is Sandra that completely has opened it.  We also got to have a girls night in gabbing the night before.  It was hilarious.  And my parents...especially my mom who I got the advice to be this type of mom.  Ashley was proud of me.  I could see it by our interaction.  I saw it in the interaction of the girls.  And somewhere in all this I was a calm parent. Wait...what???! Yes.  I was a calm parent.  I guess I felt I had to be.  These girls were depending on me to be the adult.  I was adulting.  And I made a friend! She's a heart mom too. This Dallas trip was just...life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment