Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Kindness

It makes you wonder what would happen if we were kinder to each other.  I thought about this morning as I read a post about someone being beaten to death.  A friend of mine had shared a post about someone in her area.  Then, with all the different tensions with ethnicity relations.  Did we learn how to shut our hearts out? Has our perspective changed so much that we have to receive something in order to dole out kindness. And that expectation just seems...dirty and unnatural.  I, by no means am an angel.  But it starts with my actions.  I try to be kind.  I try to let others go past me if they are in a hurry.  I forgive someone if I feel they have wronged me.  The only thing now is I am also kinder to myself.  If I feel someone or something threatening my health or well being I am more likely to avoid the person or environment.  I don't have the same threshold for negativity.  Kindness...something to think about. It's such a simple concept. Yet, it is so hard to do at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment