Saturday, August 26, 2017

That kind of day


We were preparing for Hurricane Harvey.  Not too much.  Jeremy and I had a hunch it was just going to be about heavy wind and rain.   But still, it is good to make sure to have lights.  And plenty of water.  It rained overnight.  And it is still raining.  But otherwise, it's just like any other rainy day.  It seemed like a perfect time to make me tea.  I had gone to an International market with Jeremy and friends.  I wanted to buy something.  I ended up buying cardamom seeds and Tea India.  I went off the suggestion of a lovely woman I encountered there.  I wanted an authentic experience with the tea.  Jeremy and I watched a whole season of Rick and Morty.  I've been reading the other part of the time while he watches "Ethan" play a video game.  It's that kind of day.  Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi is on. I was having a great conversation the other day when I said the words, aloud, " I'm the happiest I've ever been".  We were talking about my healing and my growth within the last year.  I even made the first step to mending some fences that I haven't even considered in 30ish years.  But where I am in my life, I feel empowered.  I feel that I can stand on my own two feet.  I have Jeremy's support.  But I have myself.  And that is something I had never considered before.  I have myself.  Now, back to reading Ready Player One.  

No comments:

Post a Comment