Tuesday, August 29, 2017

What I love


My state is going through some rough times right now.  But what I love about my state is its resilience.  And we have a sense of humor in all of it.  I got off of work and went to Dollar Tree.  An old classmate of mine from high school has a cousin that's going to help victims.  I had been wanting to help but hesitated just giving money.  I wanted something personal.  I got my chance through my old classmate.  I also found towels, old sweaters I wasn't using, a couple of pillows, and blankets.  That's about it.  Not much else happening.  We didn't get hit.  50 more miles and it might've been a different story.  That's what the news keeps saying.  Thank you for any prayers, positive vibes, and thoughts you've been giving us.  It is much appreciated.  We are strong people.  And I love that with all the racial tension that's been diving the country...you see another side to humanity.  You see kindness and generosity, regardless of the color of skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment