Thursday, December 7, 2017

Inwardly and Outwardly


It's important to state where my peace of mind is in, inwardly and outwardly.  Memory of Monet is on by Dean Evenson and Soundings Ensemble.  Inwardly, I'm probably at the most peacefulness I have felt in a long time.  This healing journey that I have been on consisted of puzzle pieces that required healing of my soul or heart.  In many cases, both.  By doing that, I think it changed my perspective on life, itself.  By doing that, it changed my mind on how I view myself, as well.  These puzzle pieces were part of puzzle to help me either learn a lesson or come to a different perspective.  Sometimes, these puzzle pieces helped me to complete certain happiness energy bars that I saw as being complete.  These puzzle pieces were simple in their form but complicated on how they helped me.  Sometimes they had more than one answer.  Sometimes they gave more than one lesson.  I bring all this up about Inwardly because Outwardly, I sigh a lot these days.  Yesterday, a very important thing happened.  Instead of a person being named Person of the year, it was a movement.  Yes, we saw familiar faces.  But they were about a movement, not a person.  The one time I was hoping DT would not insert himself, he did.  Given his past, it seemed uncouth that he would insert how he refused the title because HE was given a probably about being Person of the year, not a guarantee.  The interesting thing is before this person was thrown into our political spectrum, we did have people whom spoke of sexism and racism as though it was okay to.  It's never okay to.  Those are human beings you speak of.  When you speak so less of a person, it reflects more on the type of character you are.  When you mock a person, it speaks less of you as a person.  I have always been proud to be American, through the good and bad.  It was like loving that black sheep of the family member.  You still loved them.  These days, it pains me to be American.  I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  I have lived 2 other places and in the end, home always felt where I was in America.  But my heart is broken seeing such division these days.  My heart is broken to see so much disrespect.  My heart is broken for what I see as acceptable in the political spectrum.  TIME magazine said they considered him because he has changed the presidency.  Yes, but he misses the point...and so does anyone whom follows him.  He is changing the presidency, but not for the better.  He is making a mockery of the presidency.I find it most interesting that he said what he said, a person who has been accused as sexual assaulting.  And the movement was considered Person of the year.   Nixon did some pretty low things in his terms.  Yet, even he had a decorum he stuck by. Some might say it's great that he's upfront.  In that sense, they are correct.  Any president before him showed a certain protocol or decorum, a certain respect towards the office they were temporarily filling.  I don't usually like going political.  People don't know how to argue without disrespecting each other.  Me included.  These days, I keep my mouth shut when someone supports him.  Otherwise, I will go off.  I'm Libertarian.  I might seem crazy to post this.  Some of my readers are not even American and part of me feels like I'm exposing a very personal part of us.  Both you read the news.  You watch the news.  It's not like you're not forming your own opinion of us.  Please don't form an opinion of us based on the news right now.  Or of the vocal few.  Outwardly, I'm in pain.  Inwardly, I'm at peace.  What a duality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment