Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Just thoughts


I may be playing a little more Trans Siberian more often on these blogs entries.  The Dreams of Fireflies (On a Christmas Night) is on.  If I can't go to Trans-Siberian Orchestra, bring Trans-Siberian Orchestra to me, via Pandora.  It's my day off today.  I had a few errands to run.  I'm finally sitting down to rest a bit before starting up so more chores before dinner.  Plus, I wanted to make some cheese pancakes for us.  I figured with "Ethan" home more, just studying for finals, he's gotta have something to eat.  Not to mention, I got more yummy stuff for the boys' stocking stuffers.  "Alexandria" went through her stuff this weekend.  We had a wonderful weekend celebrating her belated birthday.  I'm ready for Christmas, kinda.  I managed to get Christmas presents in one sitting.  I went in for one of my bffs's gift card.  I came out with Christmas gifts.  "Sarah" gave me my gift early.  "Sarah", is Jeremy's ex.  We are legit friends.  Are you surprised? We have definitely had a colorful past and friendship.  We had a fall out years ago when she was going through stuff with Jeremy.  And when he and I were dating, we struggled finding solid ground with our friendship.  But one day, we sorted it out.  We both love the kids.  We were going to make it work.  And we have.  I don't do Christmas gifts.  She is one of the few people I accept a Christmas gift from.  I have a whole thing about Christmas.  I believe in family.  I don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas.  Or how certain people have expectations on present giving.  To tell you the truth, it gives me anxiety.  Jeremy and I don't give each other gifts.  I love it that way.  We do birthdays for each other.  That's it.  Cards.  Now, cards are awesome.  Especially because you have to search for that right one.  Jeremy is a master card giver.  I struggled with words of affirmation for awhile.  Or the lack of Jeremy of giving me words of affirmation.  What I failed to see is that he shows it in other ways, constantly.    I just had to pay attention.  Cards is one of them.  His two love languages are touch and service.  While he never quite took the test, we figured that the two important ways he shows his affection is touch and service.  Mine are touch and words of affirmation.  But tell you the truth, once I went through therapy, I didn't need any validation from anyone, including Jeremy.  Words of affirmation became less of a need for me.  When he does something for me, it warms my heart.  He is a man of action.  I just had to learn to see through this new perspective.  And when I need his words of affirmation, I just look at my phone, which has a screen shot of a card he gave me and 10 things he likes about me.  Where was this blog entry going? It has a mind of its own. lol  Ughs.  I finally put it on the Christmas Radio. lol I think I am ready to officially accept Christmas music.  Actually, I've heard it all over the place but I hadn't put Christmas music on since we put up the tree.  It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams is on.  Just thoughts.  I went zigzag on this blog entry.  But really, can you expect anything else from me? I hope you have a beautiful day, my quiet spaces.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate you reading me.  I always do.  It warms my heart that you do.  Especially you, France.  Anyhoo... Back to the beautiful humdrum of my day off.  Stay beautiful, quiet spaces.  Stay beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment