Monday, February 12, 2018

John Beecher


STRENGTH IS A MATTER OF A MADE UP MIND

 -John Beecher

I can see this line of thought.  It reminded me of a conversation about threshold.  Certain people have a higher threshold for trauma and pain.  It's not to say that someone who reacts to trauma and pain with more hardship is lesser of anything.  One doesn't know their back story. One doesn't know if they were on their last straw of strength.  One just doesn't know.  So one shouldn't judge.  However, you gotta give it to those who have made up their mind that strength is their motivation.  You have to hand it someone who strength is a matter of a made up mind.  I watched as "Mary" was telling me about her life.  "Mary" never feels like work.  She is just a hoot.  She has things and a condition to contend with.  It doesn't stop her from still getting out and enjoying life.  She reminds me of this quote.  It made me smile as I listened to her stories.  I love my job.  I was made for this job.  I feel happy contributing to a bigger cause.  Something bigger than me.  I help the elderly find their independence.  And when they need it, I'm right there to help.  Just some food for thought today.  This weekend was beautiful.  We went up to see Jeremy's cousin get married.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  I'm glad we got to experience it.  I have a busy week this coming week.  So I may be a little quiet on the blog front, my quiet spaces.  Have a great day.  Have a sparkling day!

No comments:

Post a Comment