Tuesday, February 27, 2018

William James



ACT AS IF WHAT YOU DO MAKES A DIFFERENCE. IT DOES.
-William James

Touching Silence by Nadama and Shastro is on.
It's interesting to come across this quote.  "Mary" and her words touched upon this last week.  "You don't know the impact you have on us." That makes me smile.  Especially, on a day where inner demons like to work on me.  They are less times.  But they still happen.  This time it was about success in a professional sense.  Because of my condition, I had to change careers.  Social work would not be a good fit for my health.  I tried massage therapy but I haven't been able to pass the test.  I've failed it by one point, twice.  That can be discouraging.  Then, I have to remind myself that success is not necessarily just measured monetarily.  It would be great if I made more money.  But the kind of work that I do is important.  I'd be able to do so much more, professionally if I wasn't dealing with my condition.  I have limits.  I can't work a 40 hour week anymore.  I pushed myself on a 38 hour, once.  I nearly collapsed the next week.  I do what I can, when I can.  Back to making a difference.  I must remind myself that I do.  I'm not sure what stirred up the insecurity on that.  I guess from time to time, life just finds a way to unfold those insecurities.  We must learn how to deal with them.  We must learn how to react to them.  My success is not measured in the amount of money I make.  My success is measured in the difference I am making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment