Thursday, February 22, 2018

Since then


Well....some things happened since last week.  So...I was on my way to work on Thursday, when I had an a typical seizure.  I get warnings.  Something felt wrong.  I was 6 minutes from my client.  And super super early.  I tend to do that.  I could feel I only had a little bit of time to talk.  My left side goes numb.  I'm still completely there with you but my left side is week for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the severity of the seizure.  I call these episodes because they don't feel entirely like a full episode.  Also, a new variable entered.  Right before it happened, I felt hot all over.  Almost like a hot flash.  It was bizarre.  I called work and explained the situation.  I love my company.  They yanked me off of my assignment that day.  Told me to call Jeremy.  I called Jeremy and right away he asked me if I wanted him to pick me up.  Yes.  I know what might be going through your mind.  Why isn't she calling 911? Because they will tell me.  Guess what? You had a seizure.  Here's$ 100-200 for EMS bill.  And $500 for a hospital visit.  Jeremy took me home.  My friend, Red came over.  I tend to be kind of an emotional mess from these things.  I'm embarrassed, mostly.  I finally got my mobility back on my left side and called for an appointment with my neurologist.  I managed to get one in for that day.  Red offered to take me.  MV has been my PA for 4 years now.  I don't have a severe case of Epilepsy so my Doctor asked me if he could transfer me.  I said that was fine.  She's amazing.  We were going to labs on Monday. Checking for levels and my thyroid.  I ended talking with a manager at Caring Companions and explained the situation.  I requested to be taken off permanent assignment.  I was pushing all activities back until Wednesday.  They understood.  They would take care of it.  I had a funeral to go to.  I canceled that.  I had a belated birthday dinner for me.  I rescheduled that.  I was due to go back Tuesday.  I yanked myself off permanently.  It wasn't until yesterday that I worked my morning and afternoon shift.  My afternoon, for her own reasons doesn't always keep the assignment on Wednesday.  But that day she did.  My morning assignment has been requesting more often.  It's not work with "Victoria". I feel like I'm hanging out with a friend and getting paid.  So I worked yesterday.  Things seemed to running smoothly.  I'm tired.  And it was great sleeping in.  I think, in some ways I am still recovering.  That is the other thing.  It doesn't take me this long to bounce back.  It's taking me longer this time.  I've got my strength back.  But I don't feel quite myself, if that makes any sense.  Honestly, it feels more behavioral than anything.  Which sounds bizarre.  It hasn't affected my daily life enough that it's bad.  It's just different.  On top of this, my phone port seems to not want to work.  So I gotta get to a Sprint.  I'm trying to see if I can push off Grocery shopping until tomorrow, after work.  I have dinner for tonight.  I was doing great.  I had gone almost 9 months without an incident of any kind.  I gotta head out.  Life is frustrating but I still have it better than most people with Epilepsy.  I am a special case.  I have had limits, for sure.  But my quality of life has been good.   I don't take that for granted or take it lightly.  I understand the position I have and am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment