Saturday, May 12, 2018

self care kind of day


It was a museum and massage kind of day.  I felt the need for some self-care.  Museums always give me a sense of happiness.  Nocturne in a minro by Chad Lawson is on.  I video chatted with Jeremy earlier.  I miss him.  He misses me.  But we have this reality.  And we're making the best of it.  He went and played pool and drank a beer at a bar with his roommate.  I went to the museum and got a massage.  Some days it's about hanging out with people.  Sometimes, it's recharging yourself with some self care.  I had injured my back recently at work.  I felt a pinched nerve or pulled muscle.  My massage therapist was a miracle worker.  I got to see my favorite art piece.  I stared and gazed at it for a while.  I interacted with some art.  I also learned of digital video art.  Its concept is still a little foreign for me to wrap around but there was a particular piece that helped me to slowly adapt to this new idea.  Joan Mitchell was an artist that stood out for me today.  Her pieces spoke to me.  They evoked a certain light from darkness depiction in her pieces.  At least that was my interpretation.  I'll share some of the interesting pieces I saw today.  Some of them are downright...weird.  You'll figure out which one I feel is well...weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment