Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Thoughts that wander



An image onscreen triggers a thought.  Something I see, reminds me of a visual.  That thought takes form.  It suddenly wanders.  The thought was what makes a person successful?
Is it the job? A relationship? Money? Is it the status? By all traditional sense, that answer is yes.  I reject traditional sense.  After all, I think in Unicorn.  I am not a success.  I don't care to be.  It means I am constrained to certain rules of society.  It means that I have to conform to a person I'd rather not be.  And for what? To seek approval from a faceless ideal of acceptance? I am no more a success than I am a failure.  I am present.  I am enlightened.  I am self aware.  I am here writing this because I want someone else to read this somewhere and remember that spark that resides within them.  Before society, or someone specific told them they weren't enough.  It almost seems like some sense of psycho babble.  But that's the beauty in its simplicity.  I write this for you, to remind you, that YOU are enough.  Remember that when you have a bad day.  Remember that when you feel like you failed or your feel like a failure.  I am exactly where I need to be.  My education has been important in my life.  But I have also learned from life itself.  I learned to rise up.  I learned to find my spark.  I learned that I can reduce a monster that has kept me trapped inside my thoughts and see him for the loser shit head he really is.  He can't love himself.  How was he supposed to love me?
I learned how strong I really am.  I learned that my spark helps people.  I learned I make a difference.  These are the thoughts that wander.  All because I watched Accepted.  I've seen it before.  I saw it with new eyes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment