Monday, November 10, 2014

Healing is a process

People have different processes on their journey to healing.  I have experienced an interesting one.  Some parts were beautiful.  Some parts were painful.  Sometimes...they were both.  I am proud of all three of us handling our grief in the most comforting way we can.  We have been there for each other.  Yes. I am even talking about Whiskers.  She misses Brody.  But she still provides me for comfort.  I think that's where she has gotten her comfort and strength.  Jeremy is the link to Brody...not even me.  I am not saying anything against myself.  I just know Brody and Jeremy were close.  I didn't know how close until recently.  Last week was such an emotional week.  It's not like we won't have sad moments.  Trust me...we have quiet moments where Jeremy and I know...we just know...we don't say anything. We don't have to.  There are lots of hugs and I love yous made.  I have wall art that says "Music is what feelings sound like." Another one says, "Where words music speaks".  How true those words are right now.  Music, among other things have been part of my healing process.  Because healing is a process.  It is a journey that looks different for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment