Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A follow up of yesterday


I was at the store and at the point where I had to use my card. It's a new system being used. There is a chip now on my credit card and so I insert differently and there is a wait time now.  Granted, because I am so used to not waiting and immediately take out my card I was confusing the system.  An employee came over and sort of berated me.  Depending on a situation I don't always seek management. However, after that exchange I decided to relay this incident to management.  It turns out this particular employee has had numerous complains about her.  Mine was the nicer of complaints, as it happens to be.  I realize that I made you get up and do your job. You don't know that maybe you affected in me in any way for giving body language that you were annoyed at me.  Luckily, I take all things into consideration and don't react immediately.  Customer service is a thankless job.  But it can also be rewarding.  I have memories of helping people to the point they were in tears of gratefulness by doing my job.  By active listening to what they had to say.  There have been horror stories of employees as well as customers.  I'm happy to pass along the goods as much as the bad.  Feedback is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment