Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Being decent to one another

There's a saying being kind to one another. Honestly, sometimes it's a little easier to being decent to one another.  These days we say things without thinking of consequences or whether we are infringing on someone else.  Granted, we live in a more open society in some cases.  But it would be nice if we were just decent to each other.  I'm not perfect. I'm not always nice about things.  I've had my fair share of not being the nicest person.  I will tell you though. I am reactive.  So while a person doesn't deserve my harshness, it is often because they treated me a certain way and I reacted. I try to make less hasty decisions.  I try to think about or get a sense of the approach people give me. I'm working on that.  Maybe that's where the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." came from.  The decent thing was to say nothing at all. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment