Monday, June 22, 2015

The importance of sadness

It was an important lesson I learned yesterday.  As a Father's day gift I left so that Jeremy could play some video games with Thomas.  It seems like a strange sort of gift but it was one I could give.  I went to go see Inside Out, an animation no less, and a movie I highly doubt Jeremy would ever see with me.  As I watched this story unfold I learned a very important lesson on how sadness is as integral part of our life.  Without giving anything away I realized that it's okay not to be this cheerleader, always positive outlook person.  Because, frankly, it can be exhausting trying to be that happy, all the time.  I guess I feel guilty for even having a smidgen of sadness.  I had to realize that my sadness doesn't come from outside variables.  Sometimes I am sad because I am built that way.  I'm an empath.  I feel feelings on a different level.  Sometimes I might isolate myself from the world to protect myself and I might not even know it.  I have also learned what support system to turn to.  It doesn't take away from those who I don't turn to. It's a topic reasoning.  I got to different people for topics.  Sometimes I think I overthink things and make mountains of molehills.  Things don't nearly have to be as complicated as they seem in my head.  In all of this, I learned the importance of sadness.  Sadness helps us to appreciate the Joy we do have in our world.  Sadness sets us back in reality that sometimes Joy will push out and perhaps, distort the true nature of a situation.  It doesn't take away from the situation. In fact, it may just put us back to where we would rather be...joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment