Thursday, June 25, 2015

Internal rose coloured glasses?

Before I could change my station to Soundscape radio on Pandora, Worth it came on.  It's a catchy little tune that sticks with you.  Plus, I've been following these girls since their days on The X factor.  Sadly, the show cancelled but it's nice to see that the exposure they had put them on the map.  Anyways, I happen to notice something within the last few days.  I have internal rose colored glasses, maybe? I prance around like a vixen on a mission.  It's a good thing in some ways because I have confidence.  It's maybe not so good because I am not in touch with reality...until I catch myself in a mirror.  Songs like All about that Bass and Worth it kinda give me a vibe of Big Girls can be sexy too.  And it got me wondering about how things changed.  Heavier girls used to be a thing.  After all, Marilyn Monroe was a Size 16.  I'm a 12-16 girl.  How did this change? And why? So here I am, strutting my stuff.  Some days my insecurities get the best of me.  But I brush them off and bring out the sassy personality that runs around my veins.  She's itching to come out sometimes.  So maybe I do have internal rose colored glasses.  Inner love is important.  Humility is still important.  I don't ever want to go overboard.  But in the end...maybe I am okay with internal rose colored glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment