Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Welcome to my childhood

It's something Jeremy said on our vacation. It was right after we had gone snorkeling in Cozumel.  That was a moment.  It was amazing. It was such an exhilarating experience.  I swam with fishes.  I dove down to pick up items from the Caribbean sea floor.  I was nervous about this experience because of my Epilepsy.  But I have learned with my limitations are.  I am a daredevil in that sense. However, I know how much to push the envelope before I feel I have gone too far.  Sometimes I forget and get a little winded but I never over do it to the point I have a major attack.  It's a balance.  This trip was like a a honeymoon. We had gone to the Bahamas two years before we got married.  And when we got married we did a local honeymoon.  This felt like a honeymoon.  We took in comedy shows. We took in a Burlesque show.  I did some dancing. I did some Karaoke.  We tried to take in a show that highlighted New Orleans style music but they had strobe lights.  This time around I did not get motion sickness.  We came prepared this time. I had motion sickness pills. I wore flats. We got an interior room rather than an ocean view or balcony.  We brought ginger ale for me.  Also, the ride was a lot smoother.  We had one instance of windy weather that looked like it wanted to become a storm but it didn't.  We went to the Dzibilchaltun ruins in Progresso.  I fell in love with Jeremy all over again.  I can't wait to go on another vacation.  I love traveling.  I love being exposed to different cultures.  Back to that statement.  I had an epiphany when Jeremy said , "Welcome to my childhood." It explained his laid back disposition.  It explained why things just fall off Jeremy's shoulders.  When you have grown up with that kind of wonder and beauty....things just seem to fade away or not matter as much.  They become so insignificant.  When I get into a moment of angst...that's where my happy place will be...swimming with the fishes along side Jeremy.  While the picture probably wasn't great Jeremy and I held hands and took a picture while snorkeling.  That's a moment to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment