Friday, September 30, 2016

Keep it taut


  It started out with my friend, RB and another friend of his.  But it took on a life of its own.  You see, RB had a beautiful boy named Keegan.  Keegan had Epilepsy.  There is much story with all that.  But here is the part that makes Keeping it Taut for me, important.  Be the most awesome you.  Be the amazing person you were meant to be.  Find the shine that makes you such an amazing person.  We all have it in us.  But life, and specific people in it can certainly trample on it.  Think back on the people that make you second guess yourself.  Or doubt your abilities in certain things. Or even an experience in life that changed your perspective.    You know what I am talking about.  Most people have this experience.  Keeping it Taut, for me is a fight to find the awesome in yourself.  Keeping it Taught meant to find the Unicorn in me.  I am certainly a character.  I sparkle. I shine.  It has taken me years to see it.  And it's taken pain to go on a journey of healing.  But there I was, Keeping it taut...and I didn't even know it.  I never met this beautiful angel.  But I am friends with RB, such a good example that not all men are horrible.  Like any human, I saw a journey of happiness, flaws, pain, and healing.  I texted RB right now to tell him I had him in my thoughts.  Such a positive person, even on a day like this.  Keegan would've been 8 today. Certain things in life remind me to cherish life in its precious ways.  That we are capable, as humans of such atrocious things.  But that we are capable of such beautiful things as well.  As corny as it sounds, those cliches come back and haunt with a smile.  Glass half full.  Seeing the sunny side of things.  Better to approach with honey than vinegar.  Holding onto so much anger and bitterness is not healthy.  Believe me, I should know.  I am a happier person for forgiving.  I forgave Javier.  Being there, face to face with him.  He didn't know.  But August 1st, I forgave him.  I don't know why people do bad things to other people.  I don't understand bullying.  I understand the line of thought for revenge.  But in the end, I don't understand acting upon it because you don't feel better afterwards.  Keeping it Taut.  Find your Taut.  I found mine.  I found that no matter the negative, I will turn into a positive.  After all, I don't have to go very far for that.  Jeremy is the positive out of it.  I met Jeremy through Javier.  How is that for positive out of negative? I hope you see your worth.  I hope you see that you have so much to give to the world.  You will have people and experiences that make you doubt.  That's okay.  It's part of life.  Keep it Taut.  Pass it on.  Make it your own.  Find your own Taut.  This is for you, Keegan.  You are such an angel.  You are an inspiration.  You remind me to find my Taut.  I tip my hat to you, sweet boy.  Cristofori's Dream by David Lanz is on.  What a perfect melody to how I feel.  Sad.  Appreciative. Happy.  Reflective.  Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment