Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Quiet is the new black


Don't ask me where that title came from.  I took a nap after work.  I recognize my body works on a different pace.  I am so grateful that I get to work again.  It is such a good feeling to go to work.  And then, work for an amazing company.  I feel appreciated.  And while my paycheck was never going to break the bank, I am contributing financially.  And that gives me a sense of peace to a puzzle I always knew bothered me.  For no matter how whole I was going to heal or be, doing that was going to be there and bother me.  And the work I do is, well simple, really at times.  But it means so much to the clients.  My smile does wonders.  My personality is perfect for this.  I have my set schedule but I also get to pick up hours if I want.  I like that flexibility.    Song for Rome is on by Brian Crain.  Quiet is the new black, still.  I guess because the past few months were a roller coaster, it is with a new found appreciation to be back in a peaceful state.  I think Jeremy and I both lost our way.  And while we didn't mean to, I think we took each other for granted.  or at least certain things about each other.  Luckily, the Universe gave us both a nice kick in the butt to remind us of the special gift between us, a bond that is strong, through friendship...and love.  It took me a while to actually see the actions that I could not see in words.  I admit.  Beautiful words are so...intoxicating.  With my story with Javier, I understood what beautiful words meant for me.  And for whatever reason, Jeremy struggles to just spout them out like a beautiful sonnet.  Like they were natural to say.  But he once compared my ease with people to math.  I suck at math.  He sucks at connecting so easily with people.  For me...it's second nature.  So is math for him.  But we figure it out.  And over time, we figured out how to communicate that I was this amazing woman and he was lucky to have me.  And that no matter what, I believed in him.  Speedbumps happened.  I don't regret that we had them.  We had to learn the lessons.  And we still continue to grow and learn the lessons.  But we do it together.  We're a team.  Partners in crime.  Another beautiful song is on Maybe is on by Yiruma.  I don't write every day because I don't know...I don't  feel like writing every day.  But I still like to check in every once in a while.  I guess to let you know I'm doing okay.  I'm better than okay.  I will for sure blog tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a big day.  So, quiet spaces...until next time.  I never take for granted that you read my thoughts.  I am humbled by your readership.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment