Monday, June 12, 2017

Repair


To fix or mend (a thing suffered from damage or fault)

It's what I looked up with the idea of repair.  Whether it was for an inanimate object, a relationship, or something else in between.  So why is repair on my mind? Well, for starters we got our showering fixed in our room.  It had been out of whack.  With Thomas coming in and out more frequently, it was time to get going.  And within two weeks of an appointment, we got it done.  Aquifina time, a nice addition to a beautiful but older home, and watching my husband put tile on our shower were all beautiful outcomes of this project.  I also got my hair done again.  My hair was suddenly becoming dry.  My regular shampoo and conditioner 2 in 1 was suddenly crapping out.  My hair needed repair.  So, haircut it was.  That always makes me feel good.  I was, I suppose in the a beauty regime mood yesterday because I also got my favorite nail polish and some eye cream to deal with my dark circles.  Ah, the dealings of getting older.  I don't use much product for anything really.  Whether make up, skin care, or hair, I am a bit of a minimalist.  It's worked for far but I am getting older.  I also found my drink mix things with electrolytes.  So it was also about repairing my body.  Or at least mend myself, so to speak.  So...Repair.  That's the word in my head today.  In terms of relationship, some of it is from having time together in a space we used to cherish.  Some of it is me feeling less grumpy regarding my body and letting it affect my attitude.  Some of it is to not necessary repair, but maintenance. Which is something to do so repair is not needed so much.  I'm off to work.  Have a beautiful Monday.  Here's me with my new haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment