Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The road to greater things


Two years ago, I had what could only be called some version of a nervous breakdown.
 It was because I wasn't just having a flashback of the rape.  I saw it all.  Over the years, I realized I had protected myself from blocking the entire incident out.  I had "cliffnotes" of it.  And that was enough for me, emotionally.  But I needed to have that day.  I needed to realized I needed to talk to someone about what happened.  How it made me feel.  And how I saw myself inside.  Luckily, I had support the entire day.  One friend even came over and stayed with me.  That day started things in motion.  It started the road to greater things.  I'm here, in 2017, getting ready for work.  I have learned how to listen to my mental health and physical health.  I have learned to not take on too much.  I have learned healthy boundaries and working with this odd need to please.  These days, it's not so much about myself in selfish ways.  But more so on being able self care so I can have a more full life.  Uyll by Gary Stadler is on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment