Thursday, April 5, 2018

Falling in love with photography...again


In one's life, we take paths.  They lead to different lives.  They lead to different ways we end up living our life.  Part of me likes to think of alternate paths I took, with alternate selves.  In one, I am a photo journalist.  In it, I am in love with photography.  As I am in this life.  The thing is, I don't need the career.  In this life, I am perfectly happy posting it to Instagram.  I am happy to share with fellow photographers the beauty we see in the world.  I have two such friends that bring out the photographer in me.  I feel inspired by them.  They both helped me to find that love again for it.  Only this time, as an adult, I do it purely for love of taking pictures.  For capturing a moment.  For capturing beauty.  There is such darkness in the world, these days.  I like to take pictures more now, to evoke that light.  To bring beauty into such ugly in the world.  Because I have found, sometimes, that beauty finds itself, even in the most heartbreaking, horrendous, and ugly places.  Perhaps, even more so because the origin of its beauty was not born of pure or goodness.  I love pictures.  I love black and white pictures.  I love seeing contrast.  I love seeing shadows that overlap and contrast on pictures that are in color.  I am just fascinated with it.  I went to a festival.  It was a Polish festival.  My friend "Olivia" wanted to go.  But as we were on our way to the festival we passed the Missions.  We ended up going there, as well.  At least, two of them.  It was a beautiful experience just being in the space.  I felt so alive, if that makes sense.  I felt amazing, just taking these pictures.  For myself.  For inspiration.  For beauty in the world.  For beauty to find itself in this world.  I hope you like them

No comments:

Post a Comment