Friday, March 9, 2018

Approach


I have a couple instances this week where my patience felt tested.  The first one was a personal conversation that went south.  I inserted my personal experience regarding a very hot issue these days and suddenly felt attacked.  Now, here's a tricky thing about me with feeling verbally attacked.  1) I've already had an episode where someone did that.  They weren't even directing it at me.  I just felt like the proxy punching bag. 2) The older I am getting, the more I have no energy to fight.  It drains me when I fight like that.  It drains me when I have an emotional experience like that, if that makes sense.  Luckily, afterwards, the person actually came back to check if I was okay and apologized to me.  I told them I had to take a walk because I could feel my nerves. Autumn by Ryan Stewart is on.
Anyhoo, in the end, I walked away feeling better about how they approached me.  I didn't like how they started with me on that conversation.  But I did like they way they ended.  I am grateful to Jeremy for helping me learn to argue more effectively.  His debates were frustrating but it also taught me to look for more support and evidence.  If I am going to argue something, be prepared to back it up.  Secondly, I don't mind debating with someone.  I might gain different perspective.  But don't "yell" at me.  Even your passionate side can affect someone like me.  The second instance was Wednesday.  I don't have a boss but if I did, bosslady called me.  That didn't sound good.  She gave me the gist but since I was at work, told me to come in.  Now, personally I felt the conversation warranted a phone call.  But okay.  No set time.  Just come in.  When I called to go, she wasn't there.  So I killed two hours but I felt frustrated.  However, another person, who I don't think is a bosslady but certainly had the authority to talk to me, took over.  She was thorough on what I was "goofing" up on.  I was educated about it.  I didn't feel in trouble.  It won't happen again.  It was all about the approach.  I thank alternative boss lady that she knew me well enough to know if I wasn't educated, I didn't know I was doing wrong.  I didn't have it on my record.  It was just a consultation.  All that stress before the meeting did get me going.  I don't have real cycles.  With my PCOS, it's been like this since I was 29.  Sure, it sounds great...but really, my body doesn't work right and my hormones get out of wack.  Think of it as menopause having a little sister.  I don't get hot flashes.  I don't think.  That two weeks ago episode might have been one.  But other than that, I don't get hot flashes.  I do get hot easily.  While it seems I am a diva with AC, it's actually me getting my hormones in balance.  I am on birth control.  But it's medicine for me to induce a phantom cycle.  So I go through the cramps but I don't actually have a cycle.  Unless I stress myself out.  That apparently, is the case of yesterday.  So I am on my cycle.  Yah.  lol

On to other news,
Jeremy got a new job!He'll be putting his two week's notice in today.  He does some traveling with this job.  But I am used to that.  The job he had while we were dating was similar to this one.  I am so proud of him.  Onto a new chapter.  His birthday is next month so I'm organizing a little thing for him.  No surprises.  He knows about it.  It's especially important now so he can hang out with his work friends.  They are a close bunch.  I know they are going to miss him.  And he's going to miss them.  That's about it.  I have some time before I get ready for work.  I worked a lot this week that I am only working two days next week.  But one day is my long day.  Have an extraordinary day.  And if not, hope you make it extraordinary.  Because you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment