Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Perception of a word

It got me thinking.  How people perceive words.  For example, loquacious.  Is it a negative connotation or positive or neutral? Also, thoughts of being insightful versus opinionated entered.  So many thoughts swirled yesterday.  Yesterday was one of those life changing, mind blowing conversations with Jeremy.  So much we learned of each other.  I feel lucky to have that type of openness with Jeremy.  As any couple has issues they have to work with, so do Jeremy and I.  I am deeply humbled and grateful that any humps and hurdles we do have to overcome that we love each other enough to do them.  I understand and am hyper aware that we what we have is a rare thing.  What's also nice is having a male perspective of things. My friendship with Jared helps me to have insight on Jeremy.  They are very similar in fashion at times. Yet, Jeremy's tough exterior has me struggle with him on opening up.  Am I asking the right questions? And when I fumble or don't convey my thoughts in more logical manner I tend to become mousy in my opinion. Jeremy and I are best friends.  And I appreciate that we trust each other enough to be upfront and honest with each other.  Like putting all the cards on the table.  The next time I think of perception of words I will look at who is conveying the insight or opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment