Monday, August 31, 2015

When you're in an unknown

It's been a theme somehow in different ways but still the idea is...When you're in an unknown.  If you're anything like me you over think everything at the beginning. I need a game plan.  But the whole point is there is no manual for the unknown.  I become mindful how I am thinking and feeling at the moment of the unknown.  I think I started doing this when I would have the partial complex seizures because I am still with you, but I'm powerless.  I don't get to make decisions on what's happening.  Hence, the idea of "capturing the photograph of emotion."  Someone likened it to high seas.  You're navigating with no direction.  That's frightening.  Because you're no sure with each movement forward if that is going to ignite something good, something, bad...or in the case of those who have had trauma...clearly much worse.  Most of us had trauma.  We're survivors of different things.  The stories I learn. The stories I read.  You suddenly realize that some of your fears are just like others.  So what now? You are in this new thing.  This new normal as my psychology professor so eloquently put it for this new mindset and way to charter.  I need a squad, personally.  I gain insight from those who have my best interest at hand.  I soundboard.  And I also soundboard well for others.  I have come recognize that while I am not working as a therapist I am rather invaluable to many people.  Sometimes for just one moment. Others, for many moments.  So...ride the roller coaster that is our life.  Our mistakes are not right or wrong.  They are part of the journey we are taking.  We are warriors.  We take these experiences and learn from that.  Some more than others lol
Even the ones I feel I failed with.  Here's to that roller coaster ride.  You ready? Because you're not going it alone.  I'm here....

No comments:

Post a Comment