Sunday, September 17, 2017

Retrying things with confidence



Floating meadows from David and Steve Gordon is on.  That was something that made me smile as Jeremy and I were enjoying dinner with our friends.  There is a card game that I have been familiar with over the years but I didn't really understand it. I would say I didn't like it.  But really, I said that because it confused me too much.  I hadn't really given myself the chance to know if I liked it or not.  So, last night after what can only be described as Restaurant style dinner. we played Hand and Foot.  What do you know? I like it.  In fact, my team won.  I tried not to dismiss myself when I apologized in advance for being rusty.  But I didn't want to dismiss my skills.  I try to be very aware of not doing that.  Retrying things with confidence has been such a cathartic experience.  What else? I've been on a Mediterranean kick.  "Ethan" requested a new Tortellini dish.  So I created one.  Some of it is a recipe.  And some of it is my own.  The boys loved it.  I wish I could tell you more but I don't have much to write.  We have a wedding next month we are in.  I'm trying to buy a new console for us.  I am constantly looking up new recipes.  I work.  I do housewifey things.  I go to coffee with friends.  We hang out with friends.  We chill at home.  It's a chill life.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment