Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Transported


For better or worse, you can be transported somewhere.  Your mind knows you're there.  But the emotional trigger reminds you of something else.  I was transported somewhere yesterday.  I went to coffee with a friend but since she grew up in Europe, she has had a difference experience with coffee.  Not your Starbucks vibe.  She found a beautiful cafe.  We were transported there.  Since I have had my own experience living in Europe, I could relate.  It was a beautiful experience.  Sometimes, being transported is not the most pleasant thing.  Before I knew how to control the triggers, I would get transported emotionally to very dark times in my life.  It doesn't mean that memories or things or places or people don't have the power to trigger.  It just means I have found a way to disconnect the trigger.  I have found the disconnect to the power of that trigger.  I recognized that later as Jeremy and I watched BladeRunner.  We had wanted to refresh our memory again on that movie since we plan to go see the new one.  And there was a visual that had the power to trigger.  It was the stick figure men.  I felt my blood rush over me.  I forgot for a few seconds where in reality I was.  But in the next few seconds, I had talked myself through it.  Confidence.  Belief in myself.  What a beautiful feeling.  Another big step was stepping outside my comfort zone and making a dish without any real recipe.  It was a Greek dish, no less.  Something I have not made before.  It was such a gratifying feeling.  And the faces of the guys.  I love that I am exploring different culinary avenues.  I want to make enchiladas next.  And also, Indian Butter Chicken.  After the Rain by Kevin Kern is on.  It's a powerful feeling being transported. 

No comments:

Post a Comment