Monday, April 13, 2015

Being happy for others

It sounds like a simple task.  Someone else has happiness that you may or may not have at the moment.  But let's be honest...it's easier said than done.  Except of course, if you walk along the path of good energy.  Once upon a time I may have a felt a twinge of envy for those having success or certain happiness that I didn't.  I found out the hard way that my inner negative energy wasn't helping my overall emotional well being.  I also learned that happiness and success can come in different forms.  I may not be a trailblazer for a company.  I certain don't bring home the bacon.  But if I look at my home, my husband, my family, and my friends...I've made it in my own way.  My personal life is in order.  My life has a certain harmony to it.  That feels good.  I must accept my journey even when I don't understand it all the time.  So it's something to think about when we do that comparison game.  It's a habit, I suppose.  Society has conditioned us to compete constantly.  Instead, today I want the focus to be that I am happy for others.  Because I would want others to be happy for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment