Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Nature Therapy

Leah called this morning and invited to walk with her.  We went to a park. We had Indy, her dog, in tow.  We had a beautiful talk as usual.  The difference was our environment.  It was beautiful to take in nature.  I'm not one for outdoors activity.  Much of it is attributed to my hormone disorder. Plus, truth be told I'm a bit of a queen or diva. Give me air conditioning any day. So it was a complete surprise to me that I rather enjoyed the walk.  We walked about 3 or 4 miles but I really didn't notice.  I just enjoyed the moment. I was present.  There is something to be said about Vitamin D.  Since we spend so much of our time indoors we might not be getting enough.  It's tricky, though.  I have a B-12 and Vitamin D deficiency. However, with the hormone disorder I need coolness to maintain my temperature.  It can feel like some kind of hot flash if I'm not careful.  So, back to the nature therapy.  It was a wonderful walk.  I hope to be more consistent on walking with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment