Monday, April 6, 2015

Feeling safe

My life used to read like a Lifetime movie.  You know the ones I am talking about. You cringe because your protagonist is making one bad decision after another.  These days it reads more like a Hallmark channel and I'm perfect happy about that.  So that feeling safe is important to me.  I had a wonderful conversation with a new friend about that.  She and I instantly connected.  We had similar experiences to understand one another.  That feeling safe came up.  It's hard to explain what exactly transpires.  Sometimes it's a physical hug.  Other times it's just having comforting words that assure me that I am not alone in my journey.  Granted, I have to work out my own issues.  But I have support.  I am not alone.  Feeling safe means not feeling alone.  It's priceless, really.  Feeling safe, that is.  You always hear the cliches about what is important in a relationship. Then, you experience for yourself.  Feeling safe is one of the top ones.  It's called many things.  But in the end, it works out to feeling safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment