Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Making an effort


I'll be the first to tell you that I am not one to talk when it comes to being in perfect shape. I have a long long long long ways to go.  However, I make an effort. A conversation with a friend prompted me to get annoyed (not at friend) but at anyone who doesn't put an effort. Then, what's the point? It doesn't have to be the best....just have it be your best.  Whatever it is you're going after.  Whether it's friendship, relationship, personal improvement on a physical, emotional,mental, or spiritual level you keep going forward in some sense or another.  I had a friend like that once.  It was frustrating that they didn't want to improve.  It reminded me of an old Ellen episode. When she had some sitcom and the guy just wanted to deliver pizzas.  I can understand that for some happiness doesn't come from moving up on the ladder of success.  Success isn't just from how much you're making.  But you do have to make an effort to move forward.  Mine comes from helping Jeremy do that.  Mine comes from improving my purpose.  For example, I am hoping to get back into volunteering.  It's moving forward. It's making an effort.  That's just my take.

No comments:

Post a Comment