Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Rewriting history


I am so glad I am not attending school right now.  I would not want to deal with knowing that I know about the importance of slavery but that I don't get to learn about it because it's a "side issue" in my state.  Forgive me for saying this...but the Texas Education System....well, it sucks! It reeks, actually.  I appreciated having a different look at history through my American Studies. While it does touch on history, it also looks at cultural aspects of America.  It looks at how we function as a country.  It may have been to liberal arts to really hone in on a career.  I wish I might have tried finding something that had a more direct line to a career...but we're here.  This is my path.  Sometimes your path is going to go zig zag. I love my country. I am not saying I don't. I love my state. I just wished that those in power weren't so ignorant in terms of teaching our children.  Maybe I'm overreacting. I don't feel like it...but maybe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment