Thursday, November 2, 2017

Epilepsy Awareness


It's one thing for me to post for awareness.  But one of my best friends did and that warmed my heart.  Thanks to family, friends, work, and my own self care, I am living a full life.  I don't take that lightly.  Many are not so lucky.  And at times, I have felt judged for that.  After all, I don't look sick.  I still drive.  7 years ago, that wasn't the case.  I had 5 or more a day.  They were more of the clonic-tonic variation.  They were more severe.  They were the convulsing ones people are used to seeing.  I was so weak, I used a walker to get around.  But I'm stubborn.  I work hard for my health.  It's why I perceive differently on my self care, now.  Self care is not selfish.  It's one of my mantras.  November is Epilepsy Awareness Month.  I hope you get a chance to read up on it.  There is different kinds.  Mine-Primary Disorder: Partial Complex Seizures and Secondary: Clonic- Tonic.  Now, here is an interesting thing I read up on.  It's still very controversial and many people in the medical community do not believe in it.  There is also the idea of a Partial Complex Personality.  I had read up on it because "Ethan", Jeremy, and I were discussing the idea of a person's information intake changing or not.  Not the behavior.  And deciphering when the information intake and behavior modification blend.  It was a great conversation.  And you know how I feel about great conversations!

No comments:

Post a Comment