Monday, November 20, 2017

So Mondayee


Yeah.  I made that up.  lol


It's nice to finally just sit down and relax.  So...this was my Monday.  I started the morning, thinking of the "reality bent" situation.  I mean....how could I not???! But life continued.  I went to work.  I was going to be picking up "Alexandria" after work.  Somewhere in the mix, "Ethan" waved his wand, responding, after I texted him to find information that he was going to be picking her up.  Now, normally, I would have let up.  But the parent and somewhat of a teacher decided to stand my ground.  With anyone, you must develop a relationship of trust and communication.  You consider someone when talking to them.  And any actions that may affect them.  It seemed like a feeling of butting heads but I felt compelled to stand my ground.  Maybe it's because of my new found confidence.  Maybe it's my earnestness to address things if I feel a boundary crossed,  simply address a grievance, or something that doesn't feel quite right .  Either way, I address it as immediately as possible.  The thoughts are fresh in my mind and I clarify more quickly.  People also knew where I stand faster.  There isn't a sense of lost in translation.  He relented.  Enter a feeling of frazzled.  I recognize the growing pains we will endure with this new reality of ours.  We live with an adult.  But he is still under our roof.  It's actually a matter of teaching my children to be aware of other people.  I want my children to know to consider other people.  If I'm affecting you in some way of my actions, I need to give a heads up.  That's just my take.  Last part of frazzle.  Here's a chuckle for you.  We went to a grocery store that I am not familiar with.  It was like one near our place so I didn't think twice about it.  Gracie's theme by Paul Cardall is on.  Sorry. Squirrel.  Anyhoo, It wasn't until I got to the check out that I realized I hadn't transferred my purse with my credit cards.  That's right.  So I dropped of "Alex" and went back.  A most gracious and wonderful employee, Nelson, absolutely made my day.  He put aside my non perishables.  I went back and got the perishables again so they could be fresh.  He also put the perishables back for me.  And when I came back he scanned it all for me.  All I needed to do was scan the perishables.  This guy doesn't even know what he did for me.  I, being whom I am, needed to tell a supervisor.  I found a manager and relayed my gratefulness.  That was the Mondayee Monday.  Ughs. lol  Lamentation of the Heart by Phillips Wesley is on now.  I really like it.  I just wanted to share that with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment