Tuesday, November 21, 2017

#MyShotAtEpilepsy


I don't get into the hashtag scene all that much.  But I made an exception this time.  I posted on my Facebook and Instagram #MyShotAtEpilepsy.  Tada.  I like that I am a personal advocate.  I appreciate that people trust to ask me questions and they are comfortable on asking questions about my condition.  It's important to have discussions and open communication on the condition.  I work.  I drive.  I am limited.  I am not disabled.  There are those whom are.  To me, I see Epilepsy like a spectrum of sorts.  There are different forms.  Some are severe.  Some are more functional.  Like mine.   Through much self care, I have learned to live with my condition.  Not only do I survive it, I thrive with it.  I have Partial Complex Seizure disorder. This is the primary disorder. I  also have Clonic-Tonic variations.  This is the secondary.  Awareness is important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment