Monday, November 13, 2017

Meaningful


So...I did something I didn't expect to.  And yet, it brings so much happiness to me, the Universe knew.  Somehow, it's exactly what I was supposed to do.  A little background story for you.  On my 31st birthday, "Ethan" gave me a purple piggy bank full of dimes.  He knows how much dimes mean to me.  I have that purple  piggy bank on my night stand to this day.  Flash forward to today.  It's his 19th birthday.  We're taking him to Pappadeaux.  I already gave him the card we got for him.  The unexpected thing was the sentimental gift.  I'm wearing the trinity knot necklace Jeremy got for me, two birthdays ago.  There is a very sentimental gift I got, some time ago.  It's one of my prized possessions.  But in some ways,  it brings sadness.  I put 19 dimes in the purple bag and gave it to "Ethan".  He loved both the bag and the sentiment.  That was meaningful.  Harry Potter even got in the mix because I said it looks a little like the Deathly Hallows.  And showed him the socks I am wearing for work.  We had a good laugh.  So, in a way, it's a happy sad.  But now, it's turned into such a happy.  Looking back, I used to wonder why the Universe denied me biological children.  It hurt.  And once in a while, I look at my friends with children and have a silent pang of pain.  And then, I look at "Ethan" and "Alexandria" . I smile and nod, knowingly.  So, as today goes through and becomes a memory, I will smile.  I am so proud of the individual "Ethan" has become.  I beam with pride....because I am a part of that reason.  Lotus field by D'rachael is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment