Thursday, November 16, 2017

George Santayana


THE WISEST MIND HAS SOMETHING YET TO LEARN
-George Santayana

What a profound statement.  It was something I was thinking of when our friends introduced us to a British game show.  It's called the Big Fat Quiz of Everything.  Even with the person who knows so much can still learn.  That goes for someone that has so much insight in the world.  That saying .." The only thing I know, is that I know nothing", sometimes called the Socratic paradox, derived from Plato's account of the Greek philosopher Socrates.  That's what it reminds me of.  Even someone with the most insight can find a different perspective to see the same thing,  It also reminds me of the movie Vantage Point.  My mind goes so many places sometimes.  *Squirrel*
It's a time to take a breather and remember that even if we know alot, we still have much to learn.  And that in order to be a well rounded person, we must stay open to perspectives and have something to learn.  My wisdom for you today.  Blue Horizon by Dan Gibson is on

No comments:

Post a Comment