Thursday, November 23, 2017

Surreal


That is the song that is on right now.  It's by Ryan Stewart.  I looked up surreal.  It is having the qualities of surrealism,bizarre.  Synonyms include unreal,unusual, wird, strange, freakish, unearthly,uncanny, and dreamlike.

I could go with that line of thought.  Surreal is a word that actually fascinates me.  I have many moments that are surreal.  Some are happy surreal.  Some are more sad surreal or even traumatic surreal.  We came home from Thanksgiving stuff and I read for a little while.  Jeremy is playing a new video game.  I needed to catch up on some reading.  I'm in the middle of New Order by Steve Berry.  Then, out of nowhere, I was craving some creativity.  I hadn't really had that crave for some time.  But there it was.  It seemed inspired by recent situations. I decided on Doctor Who since I have a new found appreciation for Doctor Who after the new Doctor was announced.  I am super excited to see Jodie Whittaker as Doctor Who.  I can't wait to dress up as Doctor Who at the next Comic Con.  Then, both Jeremy and I can be Doctor Who.  I had my music on and I lost myself in the coloring.  It was a nice feeling.  I used to color to relieve stress.  Now, I color...just because.  It's been used for relieving stress.  But most of the time, it's not.  It's just a just because feeling.  After that, I decide to sketch.  I always feel this abstract I'm not really sure where my drawing or sketching goes.  It's almost like a streaming line of thought or streaming thoughts, in art form.  Sometimes self care has nothing to do with giving yourself therapy for something one decompresses from.  Sometimes self care is giving yourself a happy, a mental hug of sorts.  This was my mental hug...to myself.  This was my emotions taking form and helping me maintain my healthy head space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment