Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Friendship


I just want to thank you for being a friend.  Sometimes a friend can't give face time.  Our busy lives don't allow us the luxury to dictate when we can give that time or not.  So we cherish when we do get face time with friends.  Those friendships are priceless.  And here is the beautiful thing about friendships.  They aren't wrapped in pretty little ribbons and wrapping paper.  They get messy.  They get frustrating.  They get...well what friendships ought to be. A reflection of our messy lives.  Yes. Social media and networking does provide a sense of disconnecting with people.  Unless you don't make it true.  Are there some friends that I don't talk to on a daily basis? Absolutely. It doesn't make the friendship any less valuable.  The friendship has value because I think it's valuable.  Some friends provide support. Some provide a nice shake of a reality check.  Some help to provide a nonjudgmental way to provide support or provide an alternative way of thinking.  The value barometer measures what is important to me and who.  So what is important to me?  I want your take on things.  I will still decide for myself but I like different perspective on things.  I like to be open to new ideas and angles.  Loyalty.  Silliness.  Intelligence.  On some level the close ones provide that.  I am grateful for those friendships.  I feel independent from a sense of what's right for anyone else and more what's right for me.  So here's to friendship.  Sometimes it makes sense...because it doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment